Monday, October 31, 2005

Macaroni & Cheese

What is it with Mac & Cheese in America? I certainly don't want to bite the hand that 'feeds' me, but this is a serious thing.

While we were in Mexico, my little brother was staying at my house, so I made sure there were plenty of 'frozen dinners' in the freezer so he wouldn't starve. One of them was a 'Banquet' Mac & Cheese dinner (like a Lean Cuisine), which he didn't eat, and thank god he didn't! I had a little bit of it tonight, and it was shocking. I can't believe they are allowed to print 'cheese' on that box. Plastic, plastic, plastic.

I guess Americans grow up on this stuff, a bit like Aussies and vegemite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Put a feather in his cap, and called him Macaroni.." Americana. Mac & Cheese, if made properly and with fresh ingredients(not from a box)is a pretty good dish. My preference, like vengeance, is when it's served cold. What the heck is vegemite, anyway? Is it a spread, or do you eat big slabs of it on bread, toast..whatever?

Luckyboo said...

re: vegemite:
yes, yes and yes. And it's good donnie!!!