Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hamptons & Van Morrison - oh.. and clams


Ahh, yet another lovely two nights in Southampton with E & FN.

Beach of course, then I had the fabulous idea of a clam-bake. Thought it was appropriate. So we went to get all the clams from the local seafood store in Southampton - creatively named "The Clam-man".

It was only on the way home with a huge bag of clams that I realised that I really didn't know how to make them. We have had them a million times with our friends H & D in Chicago, but could not for the life of me remember how it's done. So one conference call later with poor D in Chicago (who was trying to work in his office), R & I got through it, and they were fabulous!!!

Then yesterday, the four of us drove back to Manhattan, stopping on the way to see the great Van Morrison perform at Jones Beach. It was such a great concert. I remember listening to his records at Uni - never thought I would actually see him in person. The man is brilliant!

Next trip for us is the Air show in Chicago (the Top Gun Planes) in a couple of weeks...


 Posted by Picasa

No comments: