Friday, August 26, 2005

Andie Pandie


Good morning:

This photo is of Andrea ('Ond'), my best friend in the whole wide world, and her son, James.

I love her so much, and I remember the first day we met in ‘Science’ when we were at school, I think it was the same day I set the bunson burner on fire for fun? Can’t be sure?

It was ‘Firbank Anglican Girls Grammar School’ in the mid eighties. We really hit it off. She was 14 and I was 15.

We have never denied that the both of us are a little bit crazy, we used to lie down on the carpeted hall, outside the lockers at school, and pretend we could do ‘astral projection’.

Ond and I also used to have sleepovers in her twin-bed room, jump on the beds, and take a hairbrush or deoderant or something for a microphone, and pretend we were ‘rock stars’. We sang “Wild, Wild West” (Escape Club), and she knew ALL the words! (I didn’t, but she taught me) – she had the luxury of big brothers who taught her all the words.

I once ate a whole jar of ‘mint jelly’ (the stuff that goes on roast lamb) on the way to Sophie’s house one night, I got terribly sick, and Andrea patted my back ‘til I felt well again.

Then my Mum had to come and pick me up!

I love andrea,.

She is my oldest friend.

I have not yet met her baby boy (in the photo), his name is Jamie, (R and I call him JJ). He was born in May last year, and I can’t wait to see him next week. (Check out the colour of his eyes – so gorgeous).

We should go back to AUS more often?

K.

No comments: