Monday, August 08, 2005

The Gym

I am so not a morning person.

Every single day I get up (early), and put on my gym gear, feed my ungrateful cats, get my;
1) bottle of water,
2) earphones,
3) house keys,
4) sunglasses for the short walk,

Then I make my way to the NYSC (New York Sports Club). I am so tired before I leave the front door of our apartment that I have to do a mental check list on these tiny four above items before I lock the door.

I walk down ‘Irving Place’, past the little brats hanging outside the high school; I’m hankering for the coffee I smell at “#71”, hanging out for the cigarettes and bagels that all the other people are having on their way to work.

So… I get to the gym, and work my butt off for five miles, and I never EVER get these so called ‘exercise endorphins’ that everyone’s talking about. (How do you get those by the way?)

But guess why I do it every day?

Not because I’ve lost nearly 20 pounds.
Not because I’ll be healthier.

Just because of the cute tiny little personal TV’s they have on the treadmills! Like on the Qantas planes back to Australia.

It’s almost worth the outrageous cost of NYC gym membership!

So much fun!

2 comments:

Chick Pea said...

Ok I've gotta ask, how on EARTH do you keep your ear buds in when you're running? I've tried so many times and they always come off as I stumble on the treadmill. Its reached the point where I've given up on it. Give me expressline and club strength any day! :) Club strength is great, love it..oh yeah and step too! Btw is the gym at Irving Place any good? I normally go to one near work (not a morning person either :) )

Luckyboo said...

I used to use those buds, but they kept falling out and, did you ever notice..... they hurt!!

Now I don't care what I look like when I wear the old black earphones, but, they still fall out if i'm moving too quickly, and that's annoying when one is watching 'regis and kelly' on those little tvs!