Monday, August 08, 2005

"Who's gonna drive you home tonight"


I have a serious poll question.

Ric Ocasek (lead singer of “The Cars”) lives on my street, and I see him almost every day walking my block. We have a nodding relationship, which I am quite proud of!

So here is the question.

I
LOVE
the Cars, and I have almost all of their CDs, and I really want him to sign them, but I don’t want to look like a dork, or worse, a stalker!

I took to carrying the CDs in my handbag for a while, but still couldn’t get the courage to say anything to him, when I walked past.

He still looks great, and for all my friends who are boys, yes, I see his wife, the supermodel Paulina Porizkova, (she drives a very cool Vespa) and she is still very hot.

(that comment was for you Andrew).

So what should I say to him next time I see him??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop being a sook.
Your opening phrase - which all Americans would surely understand - should be a simple "excuse me," followed by "I am an Australian living down the street, love your music, can I have an autohraph etc etc."
Not hard. If he doesn't respond appropriately, tip the CD's over his head and call him an "ungracious and boorish
A-hole," another phrase which I believe he ought to understand.

Luckyboo said...

Yes I am a big sook!! Thanks for your advice!!! Very good, but I still get mute when I see him, even after a year!

Luckyboo said...

That is the cutest cat I have ever seen!!
I'm going to try to attach photos of my two - "Lucky", and "Boo Boo" but still learning this blog thingo, so may not work?

Anonymous said...

IBM Courts Investors with Podcasts
Only a few months after launching a corporate blogging policy, IBM has shown interest in another new medium: podcasting.
Really like the blog ;-) You like
free logo design? I have info at my sites there
about free logo design

Nancy said...

I don't know you and found you by blog surfing, but I adore the Cars! Not many people remember them...Get his autograph and he will be delighted...Then send one to me...LOL

I am going to get their music right now! Thanks for the memories....

Beatloaf said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! It does take a certain amount of courage to ask for an autograph of someone you really admire. I suggest a three step plan.
#1 You should "accidentally" trip in front of him or bump into him and strike up a conversation when he comes to your assistance.
#2 You should pretend to just then realize who he is as he leans in to help you up.
#3 Don't pull out the CD just then. Wait until the next day, by then the ice will have been broken and you will feel more comfortable talking to him because you two have shared an "experience."
OR
Maybe you'd feel more comfortable approaching Paulina. You could then get two autographs-his and hers.