Tuesday, August 23, 2005

R is very angry with me...

I’ll start by saying that I consider myself an extremely good travel organizer.

Qantas know me when I call to get the best seats. (eg: they know that I know that they DO actually allocate the exit row prior to travel).

But, I have slipped up.

We booked our flights back to Australia, and we are going through Sydney as usual.

I admit I am a bit of a princess, and I like to have a shower, and change clothes in the lounge at Sydney before we leave for Melbourne. (It’s a long flight).

So I called Qantas the other morning, and of course there are flights from Sydney to Melbourne every half hour.

I booked us on the midday flight which gets us into Melbourne at 1.20pm.

The only problem is, that our flight from New York gets in to Sydney at 7-ish in the morning. I misread the itinerary. For some reason I thought we arrived at 9am.

This means that we will be spending 4 hours at Sydney airport.

So we tried to call and change to an earlier flight, but wouldn’t you know it, they are all booked out.

R just looks at me occasionally and says “4 frigging hours in Sydney?”

He’s really cross.

But at least my hair will be washed, and I will be wearing clean undies!

4 comments:

Chick Pea said...

After a 20 hour flight, what's another 4 hours? ;)
Besides, that's ample time to cab it out to the CBD for some brekkie at bills before cabbing back. Believe it or not, that's what J did enroute to Auckland!

Luckyboo said...

I hope they still have that smoking area at Syd international!

Anonymous said...

4.5 frigging hours actually

Luckyboo said...

rodney, get over yourself.